Acuity Insulated POCO Low-Profile Shift Knob - Black
- Acetal outer shell prevents the knob from feeling too hot or cold
- Stainless steel core for durability and added weight
- Sits very low and typically reduces shift throw by 5%-10% compared to most other knobs
- Detachable aluminum shift boot collar tastefully connects the shift boot to the knob and allows easy removal
Confirmed To Fit These Vehicles:
- 2002-2005 HONDA Civic (7th Gen, all trims, MT only)
- 2002-2006 ACURA RSX and RSX-S (all trims with MT, including DC5 Integra)
- 2002-2006 HONDA CR-V (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2003-2007 HONDA Accord (7th Gen, MT only)
- 2003-2011 HONDA Element (MT only)
- 2004-2008 ACURA TSX (1st Gen, MT only)
- 2008-2012 HONDA Accord (8th Gen, K-Series only, MT only)
- 2011-2016 HONDA CRZ (MT only)
- 2009-2011 HONDA Civic (8th Gen, MT only)
- 2009-2014 HONDA Fit (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2009-2014 ACURA TSX (2nd Gen, MT only)
- 2012-2015 HONDA Civic Si (9th Gen, all trims, MT only)
- 2012-2017 HONDA Accord (9th Gen, MT only)
- 2015-2020 HONDA Fit/Jazz (34d Gen, MT only)
- 2015-2017 HONDA Civic Type R (9th Gen)
- 2016+ HONDA Civic (10th Gen, all trims, MT only)
- 2018+ HONDA Accord (10th Gen, MT only)
WILL NOT Fit These Vehicles:
- Honda S2000 (all years)
- 2006-2008 Honda Civic (all trims)
WILL NOT Fit These Vehicles without modification to shifter (two small steel bumps must be filed off the shift lever to clear the collar portion of the POCO):
- 2003-2008 CL7R Accord (all trims with mt)
With its low-profile, reduced shift throw, clean shift boot integration, and insulated outer shell, the POCO-Insulated makes for an excellent driving experience. In recent years, countersunk knobs have become a popular way to achieve shorter shift throws and reduced knob height without modifying the shifter itself. A core problem with most countersunk knobs is that they don't fit well to the shift boot, leaving the shift boot to sag and the shift lever exposed. ACUiTY's POCO knob is the answer with its low height and built-in shift boot collar, the combination of which permits a very low shift knob height combined with a clean fitting shift boot.
What to Expect
ACUiTY's POCO knobs sit low, much lower than most stock and aftermarket knobs. Most knobs sit around 25mm (1 inch) or higher above the top of the actual shift lever. The POCO sits only 3-4mm taller than the top of the shift lever when mounted. The POCO's low profile means shifts will feel shorter and firmer with throws typically 5%-10% shorter than compared to non-countersunk knobs. The POCO is one of the most well-integrated countersunk knobs available with its built-in shift boot collar that easily clips into the knob for that perfect finished appearance.
The POCO-Insulated builds on its predecessor by combining an insulated acetal outer shell with a stainless steel core to deliver a weighted knob that is gentle on the hand even in very hot or cold weather.
How it Works
The POCO's boot collar is affixed to the shift boot using a low-profile cable tie (3 are supplied with each kit); the knob threads down on the shift lever until it stops. Once both parts are installed, the shift boot collar clips into the shift knob and installation is complete.
Materials and Finish
Each POCO-Insulated features a heavy, stainless steel inner core and an insulated acetal outer shell in a tasteful, hand-turned finish. The shift boot collar is aluminum and features a satin black anodized finish. An elastomer ring in the knob provides the collar retention feature, similar to our very popular 1924 shift boot collars. All lettering is laser-etched for durability.