- Increased wire size for added spring force
- Increased preload for snappier centering feel
- Rubber sleeves reduce lateral play and noise
- Powder coated for corrosion resistance
- 2016+ Honda Civic (6mt only)
- 2017+ Honda Civic Si
- 2018+ Civic Type R
- 2018+ Honda Accord (6mt only)
A Simple Mod You'll Enjoy on Every Drive:
This spring was designed to improve the centering action of your 10th Gen's stock shifter. If you've ever found the centering action of your shifter to leave you wanting a sportier feel, the solution is finally here. With a notably increased preload and nearly identical rate, the ACUITY Performance Shifter Centering Spring increases the centering load in neutral without significantly increasing the force required to locate the far gates (e.g. 1/2 and R). In addition, rubber sleeves on the spring help to reduce lateral play in-gear, further improving the overall feel of the shifter. The rubber sleeves have the added benefit of reducing noise from the shifter during centering. The end result is a sportier shifting feel without an increase in driver fatigue or a reduction in drivability. In addition to the Performance Shifter Centering Spring, each kit is supplied with a small packet of premium silicone grease to re-lubricate the shifter with after removing the OEM spring.
ACUITY recommends pairing the Performance Shifter Centering Spring with the 1914 Shifter Base Bushings. The combination makes for a surprisingly noticeable improvement in shifting at a very reasonable price.
Approximate Spring Rate Increases:
- Civic Sport: 100% increase in centering force
- Accord Sport: 30% increase in centering force
- Civic Si and FK8 CTR: 20% increase in centering force