- More than 80% stiffer spring rate than stock.
- Stronger springs offer direct gear engagement
- Black Zinc Chromate plated for durability
- Suitable for all cars (street and race)
- Combine with gear selector springs for amazing shifts
Our heavy-duty transmission detent springs offer an increase in the preload and 80% stiffer spring rate over the factory parts which aids the transmission gear selector fork. Upgrading these springs will make your gear engagements a bit sharper since they replace the soft OEM ones.
Our Heavy-Duty Gear Selector Springs offer and upgrade in the side-side movement of the shifter, these detent springs offer a forward-back upgrade. An immediate change in feel will be noticed once installed. Replace the worn-out detent springs and add new life to your gear changes.
Depending on the application, these springs are more than 80% stiffer than the stock Honda hardware. Please use the installation instructions as a general guide for the Honda K-Series transmission. All other Honda transmission installations should refer to the factory Honda manual.
Some Honda transmission applications will only use 2 of the 3 springs. For instance, the Honda B-Series transmission has only two external detent springs, and the other is internal. You will have to remove and separate the transmission case to change the third spring. The internal spring actuates the 5th/reverse gate.
Be sure to torque the Honda K-Series transmission detent bolts to 16 lbf-ft (22 N-m / 2.2 kgf-m). You will use all three springs.
- Honda Manual Transmissions Only
- Honda B-Series FWD, F-Series FWD (F20/F22A) & H-Series will use only two of the three included springs.
- Honda B-Series AWD, Honda K-Series FWD & AWD, Honda D-Series 96-00 ONLY will use all three springs.